Author: Chandrajita Chakraborty
Food distributors play one of the most fundamental parts of the global food supply chain. In the United States of America, the food supply and retail industry earned a revenue of 1.89 trillion USD in 2019. There are numerous contributors in the field, starting from frozen food distributors to warehousing and cold storage providers. Nevertheless, the crown is worn by a few companies that are worthy of mentioning. Just Deliveries supports its peer organizations that uphold customer satisfaction and provide optimum logistics solutions, just like us! So, here are the notable names that set a global example of how to expand the food supply network and mould it according to the requirements and specifications of the customers.
Founded in 1969, Sysco is a global name in the food industry. It has been serving to provide food and care to become an industry leader and the face of the future food supply chains in the US. The company promotes fresh produce and health by providing products and food logistics solutions. The 8 categories of edibles it serves are as follows.
- Farm Supplies
- Meat and Poultry with custom cuts
- Farm produces
- Bakery and dessert options
- Suppliers for foodservice companies
- Beverages and pantry staples
Their clients come from a vast range of backgrounds. Healthcare systems, schools, Government departments like defence, restaurants, on-the-go travel food of aeroplanes, entertainment venues like parks, and cinema halls, are some of them. Sysco has formed various brands some of which are big industry names such as Casa Solana, Arrezzio, and Jade Mountain. For the first quarter of fiscal 2021, their total revenue was a ravishing 51.298 Billion USD. It is needless to say that Sysco continues to be a dominating name in the food distribution sector.
Mc Lane was founded in the year 1894, in Cameron, Texas. For more than a century, it has been leading the industry with its beliefs and values. The company upholds honesty, integrity, and high Christian values as the key compass to building better and long-term customer associations. They specialize in four major categories, which are as follows:
- The supply chain for groceries
- Foodservice and logistics solutions
- Distribution of beverages.
- Inventory and cost management for third-party companies.
Mc Lane has had a renowned clientele with Walmart, Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut on its list. Moreover, they have a vast network with over 80 distribution centres that serve 110,000 locations. The peak revenue of the company reached 50.0 Billion USD in the year 2021.
Lineage Logistics has been working to preserve, protect and optimize the cumulative food distribution procedure since its inception in 2012. They are ever-ready to expand their boundaries with 3 basic categories of specialization namely, storing, moving, and preparing.
- Store: The organization provides cold storage solutions for perishables. It also provides port-centric warehousing opportunities through major waterways, increasing its connectivity. If a business is searching for land-based warehousing solutions, the company provides for that as well through its automated warehousing of goods.
- Move: The company decreases its freight load costs through innovative solutions like LTL (Less Than Truckload) consolidation, satellite tracking of its delivery transports, and 24/7 accessible services for customers.
- Prepare: The company allows for the redistribution of season-specific items that require planned preservation methods. Incorporating methods like defrosting, tempering and IQF (Individual Quick Frosting) allows for long-term preservation. Moreover, X-Ray technology is used to detect probable damage or foreign contamination in goods and perishables. On-site processing units provide opportunities for setting up shops and sourcing the best quality of food for working as frozen food distributors from production units.
Lineage Logistics has over 5000 customers that include big names like Walmart, and Tyson Foods Inc.In the year 2020, the company was able to earn a huge revenue of 1.4 Billion USD.
U.S Foods, founded in 1989, provides innovation in food services with an efficient suite of e-commerce, technology, and business solutions. They believe that a diverse portfolio and inclusive business attitude play a huge role in industry leadership. They also uphold social corporate responsibilities as an important component of their core value system. U.S Foods provides a diverse range of services to the food service sector, which is as follows:
- Designing menu
- Online ordering system management
- Website design
- Team management
- Time and cost-saving solution
- Menu profitability assessment
- Improve operational capabilities
With brands like Rykoff Sexton, Stock Yards, Chef’s Line, Del Parado, and many other well-known names, the company has also contributed to healthcare and education food services. The Annual sales of U.S Foods have reached 29.49 Billion USD in 2021 showing a huge demand for the future.
Shamrock Foods started its journey from a humble abode, in the year 1922. This year, it has completed a whole century in the food distribution industry and this has been possible due to the major values of the system. They believe that making the right plans is the first step toward building customer satisfaction. They think outside the obvious point of view which gives them unique traction to sustain for so long in a volatile market. They accept and learn from their mistakes which optimize their business ethics and operation to greater heights. The major food service sectors they cover are as follows:
- Other Industries (Food banks, catering services, etc)
Shamrock foods have worked with a client base from all of the aforementioned categories, and have a thorough experience in the field. During the financial year of 2018, Shamrock Foods secured revenue of 3 Billion USD.
Most global food service providers and distributors work with delicate perishables that require proper tending and care. The aforementioned companies have put forth an example and a sustainable instance of leadership in their own respective areas. The need of the hour is to incorporate and conform according to the changing times. Just Deliveries has a fleet of temperature-controlled vans that are enabled with real-time tracking. Moreover, we also provide efficient and hassle-free warehousing and logistics solutions for our clientele. Feel free to join our growing family and enjoy a hurdle-less logistics experience for all your deliveries.